Why Donate Your Car Versus Junk It or Trade It In
When you’ve got an old car you want to get off your hands, you might not care where it goes as long as it’s out of your driveway. But did you know there’s a way you can get rid of your old clunker and make a difference in the community at the same time? Keep reading to find out more.
The Benefits of Donating Your CarDonating your car to an esteemed charity is a great way to give back to the community, and it’s easier than you might think. Let’s take a closer look at some of the biggest benefits:
- It’s simple—No need to drive all over town looking for a scrapyard or junk yard. When you donate your car to charity, call us and we’ll come pick it up for you. Simple as that.
- No need for towing—Calling a tow truck for junk car removal is expensive whether you’re in Toronto, Winnipeg, Southern Ontario or Southwestern Ontario. With car donation, we’ll pick it up free of charge even if it’s no longer driveable.
- You can give back—It’s a win-win. You get to unload a car that you no longer want and, at the same time, donate to a good cause. You will receive a tax receipt for the value of that car. Car donation is a good deed that you can take pride in.
- The answer is always yes—More and more car dealerships are refusing trade-ins on older models and will often refer you to the nearest car charity themselves. But when you ask us if you can donate your car, the answer is always yes.
- It puts more money in your pocket—The value of a trade-in is almost always lower than you’d like and scrapyards give you the bare minimum. Donating your car will earn you a tax receipt with a generous valuation for your car.
- It gives you the most value—Donation is an honest way of getting the most value for your used vehicle. It’s a deed that you can feel good about, and when you choose to donate with Cars 4 Cures you can rest assured that we’ll always follow the rules and regulations set out by CRA.